Flow Supers and Brood Boxes Brood Box – Flow Hive 2 Araucaria
Manufactured in the same style as those included with our Flow Hive 2 Araucaria 6 Frame or Flow Hive 2 Araucaria 7 Frame, these premium Araucaria 8 or 10-frame Langstroth deep brood boxes can be used for brood, or as an additional conventional honey super.
Made in Australia from durable, sustainably sourced, Australian Araucaria timber, these brood boxes are the ideal addition to our Flow Hive 2 Araucaria kit.
What size do I need?
Confused about what size to get? Don't worry we get it! Our Flow Frames are slightly wider than traditional wooden brood frames, so less of them are required to fil the super in a hive in comparison to brood frames in the brood box.
- For an 8 frame brood box, 6 Flow Frames are used to completely fill the super. Compatible with a Flow Hive 2 Araucaria 6 Frame or 8 frame Langstroth beehive.
- For a 10 frame brood box, 7 Flow Frames are used to completely fill the super. Compatible with a Flow Hive 2 Araucaria 7 Frame or 10 frame Langstroth beehive.
Order a matching Flow Hive 2 brood box today – but hurry, only a limited quantity available.
Comes with 8 or 10 timber brood frames.
- Does not include bees.
- We ship our Flow Hive 2 Araucaria Brood Box flat packed and unsealed, leaving you with the satisfying experience of assembling yourself and bee-ing creative by painting or sealing it to suit your personal tastes.
- Does not include assembly instructions. Please find Flow Hive 2 Brood Box assembly instructions at our support website. (They are contained within the full hive assembly instructions.)
NOTE: It is possible to stack this product with either our Western Red Cedar or Araucaria products. Read more on how to add brood boxes or supers of different wood-types at our support website. Langstroth sizing can vary up to a few mm so depending on the timber width of your existing hive, these brood boxes may not sit completely flush, however, this won’t impair functionality.
TIMBER - AUSTRALIAN ARAUCARIA (HOOP PINE)
Crafted from sustainably harvested Australian Araucaria (Hoop Pine), using precision laser manufacturing.
Araucaria is a premium Australian native cabinet timber, highly regarded for its stability & durability. To ensure it lasts a long time outdoors, two good coats of quality weatherproof sealant such as exterior house paint is a must. You can be as creative with the paint job as you like!
Timber included in this product is made from naturally grown resources – each hive will be slightly different in character. Please see our FAQ for more information on our natural timber characteristics.
New to beekeeping and not sure where to start?
Beekeeping is such a fascinating pastime enjoyed the world over by people from all walks of life.
Learning about looking after your bees is a fascinating and truly rewarding experience. They are amazing little creatures!
We love welcoming new beekeepers worldwide into the Flow family and have a swarm of resources to assist you in your journey.
Included with the purchase of any of our Flow products is support from our knowledgeable Flow team via:
A handy interactive guide explaining the fundamentals of beekeeping.
Weather permitting, the Flow team host weekly Facebook Live events.
Have Flow product questions? We’re here to help, and operate during Australian business hours, Monday to Friday.
- Email - Our friendly support staff will get back to you ASAP
- Phone - Kick back and have a good old chat with Trace
- Live chat - Get fast answers to your buzzing questions
Official Flow answers to frequently asked questions.
Ask general questions regarding beekeeping, and have them answered by the worldwide Flow community – or read through different topics to find your answer!