We are hiring! - Web Developer
Would you like to be part of an innovative startup, helping the bees and using business for positive purpose?
We are seeking a Mid-Level Web Developer to support our already established team.
A bit about us
Flow technology is a world-first invention which has revolutionised beekeeping, making backyard beekeeping much more accessible. It’s now possible to harvest pure honey straight from the beehive without opening it, making the process much easier for the beekeeper and much gentler on the bees. Invented by father and son team Stuart and Cedar Anderson, who thought “there has to be a better way…”
After years of tinkering and testing, the Flow Hive was launched as one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns in history. 5 years on, with over 85,000 Flow Hives in use in 130 countries around the world, we are growing our business and our team, while continuing to innovate.
We love bees, but really we’re about more than just this. Every member of our team is dedicated to utilising business for positive purpose, and we strive to keep this ethos at the forefront of all our business decisions. In 2018 we became B Corp accredited, joining a movement of businesses aiming to do good things for our planet. To date we have donated approximately $350,000 to support projects around the globe, and hope to continue using our platform to create a positive impact.
A bit about the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced web developer to directly contribute to the growing Flow Hive business that’s working to have a positive impact in the world. Reporting to the Growth Marketing Manager, this is a mid-level, hands-on role responsible for the health of the front-end system, establishing optimum site functionality across Flow Hive and TheBeekeeper.org websites.
This is a full time position; applicants are expected to be available 4-5 days a week, and would suit someone with web development skills who is looking for career progression in a supportive environment. Our team work from our incredible Newrybar office and are also able to work flexible days from home.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining the health and integrity of our websites (Shopify/Kajabi).
- Liaising and working with customer service and marketing teams to understand and improve the customer journey on our websites.
- Translating design mockups into valid, cross-browser, multi-device compatible web pages.
- Optimising for UX and conversion rates on our 6 websites, creating user-friendly experiences for smartphone, tablet, and desktop
- Updating our digital product catalogue and website content.
- Performing various coding tasks, such as design, development and testing of Shopify front-end features, implementing and modifying Shopify back-end applications, and configuring and deploying web services (eg: Cloudflare, various API calls between third party apps).
- Ensuring cross-functionality and cohesion of the company’s digital infrastructure, including setup and maintenance of a variety of software packages.
- Researching, scoping and implementing solutions to technical problems as they arise.
- Flexible, team oriented, self-motivated, proactive, and passionate
- Ability to provide feedback to marketers and customer service in an effective way
- Can take initiative and balance multiple responsibilities
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as problem- solving skills
- Highly organised
- Can take a project from start to finish
- Can manage your own time in the delivery of projects
- Writing clean cross-browser responsive HTML and CSS
- Front end development
- Open to using WYSIWYG editors
- Familiarity with Git
- Experience working in eCommerce environments
- Bonus points for having Shopify and/or Ruby experience
Why you should work with us
The Flow team are a group of caring individuals with a common goal. There’s a great sense of purpose in being part of a company which is striving for positive impact.
Our office is situated in a beautiful part of the world, overlooking the coastline just south of Byron Bay – and yes, we can occasionally spot whales from our desks!
There is room for growth in our company and for finding the best possible work practices to implement, so we welcome innovative thought and inspiration. For those who have drive and want to investigate new ideas, we love to support this.
You’ll be working with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow our business, and there will be scope for adopting initiatives and calling them your own.
Flow is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal or state laws.
And just to name a couple of the perks – there’s the full pantry and fridge, Wednesday team lunches, team building days, and more… ;)
If you think you would be a good fit for our hive, please
Applications close: Wednesday 14/5/2021