We are hiring! - Product Lead
Would you like to be part of an innovative startup, helping the bees and using business for positive purpose?
We are seeking a Product Lead to support our already established team.
A bit about us
Flow technology is a world-first invention which has revolutionised beekeeping, making backyard beekeeping much more accessible. It’s now possible to harvest pure honey straight from the beehive without opening it, making the process much easier for the beekeeper and much gentler on the bees. Invented by father and son team Stuart and Cedar Anderson, who thought “there has to be a better way…”
After years of tinkering and testing, the Flow Hive was launched as one of the most successful crowdfunding campaigns in history. 5 years on, with over 85,000 Flow Hives in use in 130 countries around the world, we are growing our business and our team, while continuing to innovate.
We love bees, but really we’re about more than just this. Every member of our team is dedicated to utilising business for positive purpose, and we strive to keep this ethos at the forefront of all our business decisions. In 2018 we became B Corp accredited, joining a movement of businesses aiming to do good things for our planet. To date we have donated approximately $350,000 to support projects around the globe, and hope to continue using our platform to create a positive impact.
A bit about the role
We are seeking somebody who is comfortable with all phases of product lifecycle; from design to testing, manufacturing, distribution, customer experience, to the product’s end of life.
This is an exciting opportunity to innovate in a unique and growing company that’s focused on having a positive impact. You’ll work directly with our owners/inventors on new beekeeping products and other product ranges.
This is a full time position. Our team work from our incredible Newrybar office and are also able to work flexible days from home.
Key skills/experience required
- You’re an excellent project manager with an ability to manage competing priorities. You follow up and follow through to get things over the line.
- You have experience taking a physical product from design to manufacture to market.
- You’re enthusiastic about using your expertise to create a world-class range of impactful sustainable products.
- You’re eager to learn new things.
- You’ve got initiative in spades.
- You’re very organised.
- You’re a great communicator.
- You’ve got a keen eye for detail.
- You’ve got a creative side and enjoy being involved in product design.
- Strategic mindset.
- Excellent understanding of critical path and timelines.
- You don’t need to have industrial design/engineering skills, but you’ll be responsible for the management of our dev team, so technical knowledge would be a bonus.
- Experience with prototyping and QC testing.
- Experience in improving product sustainability.
- Experience with inventory management (systems, forecasting etc) and working alongside a purchasing team.
- You’ve worked at the interface between product & customers, and between the product & marketing departments.
- Experience with engineering/supply/etc of our existing material.
- Understanding of the beekeeping products space is an advantage, but a willingness to learn is more important.
- Work with inventors, industrial designers, manufacturers, suppliers and other departments within the company to bring new products to market.
Manage product strategy, research, roadmapping, design, development, production, and launches.
Coordinate the dev team’s workload and timelines. Coordinate product testing cycles.
Plan product range based on industry trends, sales data, customer feedback, and team capacity.
- Source new suppliers and manage existing supply chains.
- Negotiate pricing and margins.
- Coordinate QC process at all stages of design, manufacture and batch samples.
- Understand our customers’ needs, find ways to solve their problems and delight them.
- Manage design and production of assembly guides, packaging, etc (alongside designers).
- Be the central point of contact for all product questions.
- Liaise with the marketing team to assist with product marketing strategies, sales campaigns and product launches.
- Ensure sustainability goals are met at each stage of product lifecycle.
- Achieve our sustainable product and packaging goals across the entire supply chain.
Why you should work with us
The Flow team are a group of caring individuals with a common goal. There’s a great sense of purpose in being part of a company which is striving for positive impact.
Our office is situated in a beautiful part of the world, overlooking the coastline just south of Byron Bay – and yes, we can occasionally spot whales from our desks!
There is room for growth in our company and for finding the best possible work practices to implement, so we welcome innovative thought and inspiration. For those who have drive and want to investigate new ideas, we love to support this.
You’ll be working with an incredible bunch of passionate people to grow our business, and there will be scope for adopting initiatives and calling them your own.
Flow is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal or state laws.
And just to name a couple of the perks – there’s the full pantry and fridge, Wednesday team lunches, team building days, and more… ;)
If you think you would be a good fit for our hive, please
Applications close: Wednesday 29/9/2021